Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Andy Anh Ha

I first discovered this artist while visiting a friend of mine, Lisa. She had these amazing pieces in her apartment that really caught my attention. I asked her about the artist and turns out, he was actually a friend she had known while living in Tennessee. I love his work and every piece is hand made by the artist himself. I was impressed...Here is some information about him that I took of his website: www.andyanhha.com


Andy Anh Ha

I studied arts at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. There, I graduated with a BFA in Fine Arts with a concentration in Media Arts. I was born and raised in Nashville, TN and moved to Los Angeles after schooling. My paintings vary in style as so do the artists I am influenced by. I appreciate the arts from the Renaissance period to contemporary works. Artists that are influential include Rembrandt, Picasso, and Warhol. The outcome of my paintings would be labeled under mixed media. I tend to use a variation of styles, techniques, and mediums. Presently, my main focus is lotus flowers. The words I choose to place on these series relate to the beliefs of the mystical lotus flower, which to my understanding is "creative power and purity amid adverse surroundings." Words such as "able" relate to the circumstances in which the lotus blossoms in muddy swamps, yet maintains its integrity and beauty. This concept is similar to the saying "The rose that grew from concrete." The font is hand stenciled onto contact paper, carefully cut out, and painted over. For the finish, I have chosen to use some form of varnish. Depending on the message and feel of the individual piece, either polyacrylic and/or resin are applied. The outcome is design oriented with a painterly feel. I believe in an overall balance. The layout is influenced by my eastern culture, very simple but strong. The technique I use comes from my education. I love art. Thanks for reading.



THESE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES! GO TO HIS SITE TO SEE MANY MORE!



No comments:

Post a Comment